Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Mon Aug 19 2019 04:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Mon Sep 09 2019 04:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to
Job Description: Office Manager / Executive Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager / Executive Assistant
LOCATION: Upstate Forever Greenville Office
I. POSITION SUMMARY - The Office Manager will support staff in achieving Upstate Forever’s vision and goals for the Upstate. The primary responsibility of the Office Manager is to oversee the general operation of the office in an environmentally conscious manner. This is a 30-40 hour/week position (depending on skill set and availability) with health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and a Simple IRA retirement plan.
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - The Office Manager position includes office and property management duties.
A. Receptionist - Provide general support to visitors
1. Greet visitors and notify staff
1. Maintain phone system including greetings
2. Maintain organization materials
B. Administrative Support – Provide general support to Executive Director and staff
1. Manage Board of Directors’ correspondence, including meeting materials and
2. Assist in developing systems to manage board correspondence and committee
3. Support the activities of the UF board and committees by taking minutes,
catering, venue coordination and other related duties
4. Coordinate maintenance of personnel records and assist staff with forms
5. Manage IT access – set up email, network access and phone assignments
6. Coordinate maintenance of health and retirement plans and assist staff with
7. Monitor incoming and outgoing mail
8. Organize meetings – scheduling, reservations, catering and records
9. Manage corporate records and storage protocols
10. Maintain daily check deposit log and prepare deposit report
11. Check email for invoices daily and review invoices for payment, or obtain
approval from appropriate staff
12. Assist Financial department with invoice processing, data entry and filing
13. Database support – support the development office in entering and
maintaining donor data, and engage in special projects as appropriate.
C. Office Management – Maintain office supplies, equipment and physical property
1. Inspect all interior and exterior property and systems regularly
2. Schedule building and grounds maintenance
3. Coordinate with IT service provider on computer and copier maintenance
4. Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers
5. Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning and security
6. Maintain an inventory and label all durable goods and computer software
III. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Requires a self-starter and “manage up” mentality, flexibility, attention to
detail, and good organizational and analytical skills
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher
3. Extensive knowledge of MS Office (including Word and Excel), familiarity with
Apple products and Google Apps
4. Experience with general facilities maintenance and management
5. Experience with general computer and copier maintenance
6. Good writing and editing skills
Compensation will be competitive and negotiable based on qualifications, skills, and experience. This is a 30-40 hour/week position (depending on skill set and availability) with health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and a Simple IRA retirement plan.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to by 8:00 a.m. Monday, September 9, 2019 at the latest. No phone calls, please; pertinent questions may be directed to the email above.
Upstate Forever is an equal opportunity employer.
Upstate Forever is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects the critical lands, waters, and unique character of Upstate South Carolina.
Skills and Requirements