New Horizon Family Health Services
Mon Aug 12 2019 04:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Sat Aug 31 2019 04:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Go to the New Horizon Family Health Services web site to apply.
Primarily responsible for providing interpretation for the Hispanic/Latino population presenting to NHFHS for services. The Medical Interpreter will also be responsible for assisting front desk and/or scheduling personnel when time permits. Assists with translation of written materials.
• Must be certified by an accredited institution.
• Provides accurate interpreting (spoken) and translation (written), for those patients requiring these services.
• Assists in translating forms (i.e. Patient Rights and Responsibilities, Consent to Treat, Release of Information, Privacy Act, etc.) for use at all NHFHS service locations.
• Serves as support and resource person for Front Desk and/or Scheduling personnel.
• Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective, productive relations with co-workers, supervisors, patients, and the public.
• Displays flexibility as patient flow changes.
Will be working at the dental office.
Skills and Requirements
A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and has obtained certification as an interpreter/translator and HOLDS a certificate acceptable to NHFHS. Must be certified by a national medical interpretation association.
Fluent in written and spoken Spanish.
Preferably two (2) years experience.
Effective oral communication skills.
• Has ability to speak and communicate effectively with co-workers, patients and the public.
• Has knowledge of medical terminology.
• Has ability to understand and follow in detail both verbal and written instructions.
• Must establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, patients, other agencies and the public.